About the Role
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for operating an individual sales territory in a manner consistent with general business management principles to yield profitable sales and sales growth.
Responsibilities include calling on existing and potential customers, engineering consultants and the contractor segment in and surrounding markets, as well as increasing Process and Steam Specialties market share for new and existing products, meeting or exceeding annual sales and profit margin goals, and working towards all customers being repeat customers.
Salary: Up to $120,000.00 per year
No visa sponsorships supported
Remote: yes, needs to report to a specific location
Schedule: Day shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
• Manage territory business development through effective networking, cold calling, research, growing contact list and ensuring that the company is at the forefront of all local opportunities.
• Sustain and Grow the current business with existing customers based on the agreed Budget
• Develop relations with Consultants, contractors, Pharma end users and OEMs by calling on them and increasing market share.
• Work close with a consultant on changing the product specification.
• Increase our market share in industrial / Hospital projects in Ontario.
• Implement relations with contractors to increase our sales.
• Develop, implement and monitor a business plan for the individual sales territory using CRM.
• Generate or exceed the required rate of sales activities in the area.
• Market and promote products to our customers with the knowledge, service and product related to the steam system and Industrial processes, which allow our customers to improve their performance and increase their profitability.
• Log quotations and provide direction for products, strategy and margins.
• Able to complete preliminary product selection and sizing.
• Manage/participate in large projects as required.
• Maintain communication with all relevant stakeholders to ensure complete, timely and accurate service delivery with every customer and every order.
• Liaise with Vendors and with key stakeholders regarding technical questions and pricing.
• Demonstrate a track record of exceeding targets continually by selling solutions to build strong customer relationships, yield customer loyalty and repeat sales.
• Accurate and timely completion of all documentation and log all information in the CRM database of all potential users
• Identify key accounts within the individual sales territory, allocate sufficient time and resources to these accounts to develop a plan of attack and maximize sales for each account.
• Three-Five years of field experience in mechanical industrial Process steam system, OR outside sales experience selling a technical or industrial engineering-related product/Valves/ancillary line; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA in mechanical engineering is a strong asset.
Extended health care
Paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.