About the Role
About the Company
• Level: Junior
• Reports to: Senior Credit Manager / Canada
• Travel Required: Not Required
• Salary: $62,000.00 - $71,900.00
• No visa sponsorship supported
• Remote: No
About the Position
The Bi-Lingual AR / Credit Analyst (Canada) is responsible for assisting in the management of credit customers (including the assessment of their credit worthiness, establishing credit limits, negotiating resolution with past due accounts and overall risk assessment decisions). This position would typically be involved with accounts that have the smallest exposure and least risk. This individual’s responsibilities would include various operational and reporting tasks that would assist the department in attaining its goals/objectives. It is required you be Bi-lingual in French / English to be considered for this role.
• Assist in determining the credit worthiness of new/existing customers - Establishing/Maintaining security files.
• Develop/Administer plans to collect on past due accounts - Communicating these plans via phone/electronic communication.
• Manage communication with internal customers - Assure all parties are aware of high-risk accounts and work together towards resolution of past due balance.
Required Experience and Education
• High School diploma.
• 2 or more years of experience in Accounting/Finance - Preferably in the credit, accounts receivable or financial analysis area.
• Experience working in an environment that requires the understanding and implementation of strong internal controls.
• Bi-Lingual French / English
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience interpreting a company's financial viability from a risk assessment perspective.
• Experience or working knowledge in obtaining security documentation and guarantees (e.g., UCC filings, letters of credit, mortgages, insurance, etc.)
• Advanced skills in using Microsoft applications (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint). SAP experience is ideal.
• Ability to negotiate in a customer-oriented environment.
• Working knowledge of reading and understanding corporate financial statements.
Dental, Medical, Vision, Life, PTO
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.